Through programs such as the Advanced Transportation and Renewable Energy (ATRE) initiative, The California Community Colleges have established a long track record of providing intensive, customized, renewable energy and advanced transportation training to all levels of industry including automotive manufactures, transportation agencies, and municipalities. The contract education staff at community colleges such as Cerritos College, El Camino College, and Long Beach City College have developed long-term industry relationships that keeps them on the forefront of the latest technology advances in the transportation and renewable energy industries. These college are highly experienced at woking with industry partners to design and test training curriculum that is designed to increase the skills and productivity of workers.
In addition to providing the subject matter experts that deliver responsive transportation training programs, The ATRE program addresses a wide range of clean energy technologies that form a critical part of California’s strategy for reducing its climate change impact and its dependency on foreign energy.
ATRE training programs can be delivered onsite at your organization, or on a college campus. ATRE programs areas include:
- Electric, Hybrid, and Hydrogen Fuel Cell Programs
- Gaseous Fuel Programs for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Gaseous Fuel Programs for Light Duty Vehicles
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Programs
- Railroad Operation Programs
- Aeronautics and Flight Technology Programs
- Motorcycle Maintenance Programs
- Automotive Clean Air Car, Emissions Programs
- Photo Voltaic, Concentrated Solar, Geothermal, and Wind Technology Renewable Energy Programs
The Advanced Transportation and Renewable Energy program (ATRE) was established by the California Community Colleges Economic and Workforce Development Program to:
- Keep California competitive
- Transform California’s workforce
- Improve California’s environment
- Stimulate California’s economy
For more than 15 years the ATRE Initiative has been committed to these guiding principle.
Please visit the ATRE website.
Advanced Transportation Training Through the California Corporate College
If you require advanced transportation training and renewable energy programs to be delivered to multiple regions across the state, the California Corporate College (CA CC) can act as a single point-of-contact to coordinate and manage the vast resources and expertise of the California Community College system into a consistent, seamless employee training solution. Working in collaboration with the contract education staff at multiple colleges, we coordinate and manage a vast resource pool of highly-credential subject matter experts who can develop and deliver customized advanced transportation training programs.
The California Corporate College worked with PG&E to deliver hybrid vehicle maintenance training to fleet mechanics at seven northern California locations. Read the project profile.
Our Role As a Training Delivery Provider
- Comprehensive Project Management and Training Delivery Including:
- Management of a single contract for the resources of multiple colleges
- Coordination of multiple college district resources
- Identification of project specific curriculum and subject matter experts
- Training delivery including Train-The-Trainer
- Logistics planning
- Customer support
The California Corporate College is a cooperative venture of California’s Community Colleges. Created in 2009, our mission is to provide a single point-of-contact for business, governmental agencies, and associations to access training and workforce development services throughout California.
Contact us for more information.